Eight reasons why MASTERRIND stands out of the crowd:
- MASTERRIND unites more than one third of all herd book cows in Germany
- Long herd book tradition since 1876
- Highest number of members of all German breeding associations
- Largest and most successful German Holstein breeding program
- No. 1 for Live Cattle Export in Germany
- No. 1 for Semen Export among German AI stations
- Most intensive ET-program (>6000 transferable embryos produced per year)
- Unique biotechnology center together with NOG partners (ET, OVP, IVF)
- With approximately 4.2 million cows, Germany has the largest number of milking cows in Europe.
- In Germany, approximately 88% of all cows undergo milk yield performance testing; yet in areas where MASTERRIND is strongly represented, this number increases to 95%.
- The German Holstein breed has evolved into the most significant breed of dairy cattle in Germany (approx. 68%).
- The number of Holstein cows undergoing milk yield performance testing is approx. 2.4 million.
- Approximately 20,000 breeding operations have more than 1.8 million Herd Book cows. This means that Germany also owns the world’s largest breeding population. More than one third of those are in MASTERRIND regions (approx. 616,000).
- The most widely used Holstein sires in Germany also regularly come from MASTERRIND stables. In 2015/2016, these included Poppe Snow RF as well as genomic sires Beatstick and Baldur.
- Every year, between 50,000 and 75,000 German Herd Book cattle are exported to more than 40 countries.
- The global demand for both semen from top bulls and embryos from established German cow families remains strong.
- MASTERRIND is not only the largest semen supplier, but also the largest exporter of breeding cattle among German collection centers (exporting to over 50 countries)
Masterrind exports over 3.3 million doses per year. As an exclusive distributor in the UK, Mastergen can provide its customers with exclusive access to a range of over 200 Holstein sires, including breed leading and world ranking bulls from the best international cow families.
For more information on Masterrind click HERE
For more than 60 years EVOLUTION International has been the No1 French exporter of bovine genetics, a supplier of advanced genetics for more than 60 years. It has over 1,500 members and they test around 1.8 million cows. Evolution genotype over 3000 males a year – see their elite Holstein breeding programme below:
EVOLUTION is a cooperative located in the west of France. The Cooperative’s aim is to guide and support farmers to contribute, together, through nutritional and environmental challenges at a worldwide level and to ensure the continued existence of the enterprise and livestock farms for the future generations.
They offer over 7 different Dairy breeds including Holstein, Normande and Brown Swiss and over 10 Beef breeds, supported by their long-lasting partnerships with the likes of Auriva (INRA95, Charolais Excellence)) and Crealim (Limousin)
In December 2019, Evolution launched 4 new innovative genetic traits. These 4 innovations are part of a movement towards genetics that will improve the efficiency of your breeding, by an ever more precise adaptation to your system. Please click below for more information
Click here to read more about Evolution International.
Set in 550 acres of grass and arable land it is a family run mixed farm consisting of beef, sheep and arable. Currently comprising of 550 head of cattle (approximately 230 beef cows and followers, which are Limousin cross British Blue or British Blue cross Limousin). The whole herd is a closed herd and has been since 1995.
“From day one we have always seen the importance of recorded figures and this philosophy hasn’t changed to this day making us the longest recording Blue Herd in the country. It has always been our goal to produce meadow quality bulls with easier calving ability and high growth rates, good mobility with length and height. In the 23 years we have been selling semen we have earned a reputation within the AI industry with dairy farmers producing the cross bred calf that the commercial beef producer demands”. (Richard Carter, Twyning Ash)